Saturday, January 3, 2009

A good day!







Tommy had one of the best day's he has had in a long time yesterday. It was so good to see him without constant headaches and tummy aches. We took him to his appointment in the morning, and of course once again he can't eat after midnight. For a kid on "roids" that is really hard to tell him he can't eat! So we got there and they accessed the port, Tommy did a lot better this time. I think he knew what to expect a little more. They drew blood, his counts are still ok, he didn't need a blood transfusion once again which is great. Then we went down to the RTU, we only had to do the bone marrow aspirit. They still sedate him, but at least he wasn't as sore. When he wakes up after anesthesia he is a total monster, yelling at everyone again. After he ate his usual chicken nuggets while they gave him his chemo, and we were on our way. His ANC is still at 100, so we have to be very careful still of who comes to the house, and we are washing our hands so much they are cracking.
Tommy actually ran around with Brooklyn and Zac yesterday, he hasn't run for a couple weeks. He was making his funny faces and doing his chipmunk voices, we were all laughing at him. It has been so good to see him act more like himself. Hopefully in the next few months we will see a lot more of him feeling good and able to do more things he used to do.
He is really excited that next week he only has to go to the clinic to do chemo. He hates having to go to the RTU, can you blame him? He knows when he goes down there he has to go to sleep, and he never wants to go to sleep.
He was so cute today in his prayer, he said "bless me to be able to not cry when they put in my port next time, and thank you for mommy for not hurting me when she took off my bandaids". I got all teary-eyed. He has been such a sweetheart lately, along with the moodiness. He tells me he loves me all day long. All the sudden my little Tommy the trouble-maker has turned into Tommy the peace-maker, always telling the kids not to fight. He hates whenever any of us go anywhere. Tom has been by his side as much as he possibly can, when he has to go to work Tommy asks when he will be home all day. Brooklyn has a hard time going to play with friends because Tommy wants her here so much. And I have watched more movies the last 2 weeks than ever in my life because Tommy wants company while he's watching the. I really have enjoyed spending that time with him, anything I can do to make him happy!
Taking his pills and all his medicine has gotten a lot easier, Tommy has just kindof accepted it. He used to fight it like crazy, now he still hates the taste, but he will do it without a battle. He is such an amazing little boy! It is hard to believe that he is only 4, I don't know many 4 year olds that could handle this horrible, life changing disease as well as he has. I am so proud of him, he is my HERO! He gives me the strength I need everyday, I just think "If Tommy can do it, so can I". We love you little Tommy! You are a CHAMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment