Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tommy is so happy to be home!





These Pictures were taken 3 days before he was admitted to the hospital.

Today was Tommy's 2nd day at home, and he couldn't be happier. We started the day off as usual, breakfast he had a big bowl of Honey nut Cheerios, then sat by the fire with Brooklyn and Zac and watched cartoons. We had the home health nurse come over and help us today, his name is Dillon, Tommy was actually kindof excited that it was a boy nurse. He came and de-accessed Tommy's port today, meaning he took it out, yeah! They will re-access it everytime we go to the hospital to get our treatments. But for now the darn thing isn't bugging him, and he can take baths without having to put plastic all over his chest.
He got to have his friend Niko over, yes he was healthy. Tommy wanted Niko to help him play Lego Star Wars, because apparently I am not good enough! So he enjoyed having a friend over to play with, they started getting a little wild, that made me a little nervous. Tommy wanted to go outside and play in the snow so bad today, it's hard to tell him he can't because he's sick when he isn't feeling sick. It breaks my heart that he is being put through this, he is being such a champ about everything. I wonder sometimes if he knows what is really going on, like he's being helped through this by the spirit. I hope so, I know I can't get through it with out Christ, I know He will help Tommy too.
Tom had to go to Wyoming today, the first time he's gone back to work in over a week. It was hard to have him away, I had a bit of anxiety waking up this morning and having to do it all on my own. Luckily it was a great day! Tommy really missed his daddy today, they are buddies. My mom came over and helped me with the kids tonight, we watched "Mr. Grinch" one of Tommy's favorite Christmas movies. It was good to have her here, Thank you for all of your help mom and for your words of comfort. I love you! My parents are leaving on a mission to Thiland in a few weeks and I know it isn't going to be easy on any of us, but I know as she serves the Lord they will be blessed as well as our whole family.
Tommy is really excited for Christmas, he has been counting down the days. He about fell over when I told him Christmas Eve was tomorrow night! He asked for the "Millenium Falcon" Spaceship from Star Wars, and I'm sure he's been a good boy this year that he will probably get it! I wish I could give him everything in the world right now just to make him happy.
I love you little Tommy, I hope you have a good night sleep and an even better day tomorrow.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad he seems to be doing better. Hang in there Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I am a good friend of Meleesa's...she has been keeping me posted on your story! I want you to know that our family is praying constantly for your family! I think of you allllllll the time! Hang in there...your family is as adorable as Meleesa has told us! Best of luck, and we will for sure keep in touch via blog. Thanks for keeping us updated, isn't the internet a blessing? It will save you so much phone time away from your sweet little Tommy! Uhhhhh, I love him so much and I don't even know him! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas little Tommy.We love you,Craig & Heather.

    ReplyDelete